Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Baby Vlad Hit A Bunch Of Homers

Was Vladito's Home Run Derby record shattering performance better than Josh Hamilton's moon shot festival from 2008? It's hard to say. I only have a wooden ruler from the 1950's and I'm still not allowed within 200 feet of Mike Trout. Who knew writing tens of thousands of words amorously about a 17-year-old would get you a restraining order. 

Vlad Jr certainly put on a show, though. He hit 91 home runs which is the equivalent of *checks math* here to the Dominican Republic and back 4,000 times. I think. I don't know how the metric system works over water. 

Back to little giant Vlad. I guess you could call it his coming out party since he isn't exactly replicating his gaudy numbers from his stint in the minors. 

Oh, and he lost. So did Josh Hamilton in his record year. I know you know Pete Alonso won last night because it was last night. Do you remember who beat Hamilton in 2008? Of course you don't, it made no sense. Hint, it rhymes with Mustin Jorneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment